How do I care for my wetsuit?Updated a year ago
Please follow some of these simple guidelines to ensure that your wetsuit stays in the optimum condition:
- Rinse well in fresh water after every use.
- Minimise time left in direct sunlight and aim to dry in the shade.
- Dry inside out first and then dry outside.
- Best kept flat and folded behind the knees and then in half, best stored in a cool place.
- Only use a hanger for short periods of time and use as wide a hanger as possible.
- Do not allow others to use your wetsuit. It has been fitted for your body shape and no body larger.
- Avoid contacting the velcro with the inside lining of the wetsuit as this pull on the sensitive fibres. Keep the velcro covered with the fabric patch.
- Ensure you do not damage the wetsuit material with fingernails.
- Avoid use in chlorinated swimming pools.
- Always use a plastic bag to help put the legs and arms on. The smooth surface of the plastic makes the suit go on easier. This results in less adjustments needed and less contact with the material to achieve the correct position.
- The Zone3 triathlon wetsuit range has been designed to optimise performance during racing. Its use should be restricted to swimming or triathlon racing.
- Don't put it in the washing machine or tumble dryer.
- Don't iron.
- Don't wash with detergent or bleach.
Was this article helpful?